XJO 0.00% 7,769.4 s&p/asx 200

07/08 Indices, page-117

1. 8,040 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 919
    Interesting encounter. Strange world, isn’t it?

I had a similar experience a few months ago when a recent TAFE graduate came to me excited about the recent earning report of a company. Long story short, he was mad as a cucumber. He even tried to lecture me on year 10 math, statistics and probabilities.

I said “Son, I have three engineering degrees, and a postgraduate in business. I spent 21 years in academia. You look only a few years older than some of my students from my junior years. Yet, I don’t have a fraction of your ego.”

I told him “Son, forget whatever second-hand information you think you know about the companies. Surviving in markets is all about understanding the market psychology. Without that, financial reports and charts are as close to bs as it can get”.

BTW, everyone is still curious:

Do you recognise this chart? I marked the dates on which you joined and disappeared from HotCopper.
    Why did you disappear from HC in Jan 2009 only 2 years after joining?
    Did it have anything to do with GFC? Did you go all-in two years before your disappearance?

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5499/5499404-b33241aaba3a8add5c5fcd7efdaec279.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.