1,000 cars torched in France, page-3

1. 27,043 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 121
    Melbourne is feeling it as well, another armed robbery by Sudanese..
    ###################
    MASKED thugs pointed a gun at bystanders on a suburban shopping strip as they made off with $150,000 of gold and diamonds in a terrifying jewellery heist.
    The brazen gang — described as Sudanese in appearance and aged as young as 18 — were also armed with a machete and a hammer when they stormed the Elsternwick jewellery store.
    One robber held a handgun up to the owner’s head and ordered staff to the ground and later pointed the gun at a woman who witnessed him running down Glen Huntly and Orrong roads to meet a getaway car.
    The men left behind a vital clue on a jewellery cabinet — their machete — which police were examining for forensic evidence.
    The gang remained at large on Wednesday night as detectives combed CCTV and spoke to witnesses who saw some of the men swapping into another car at Gardenvale.
    H&H Jewellery owner Chris, who did not want his surname published, was in the back office when he heard a “bang”.
    “I turned around and there was a gun pointed right at me,” he said.
    “It happened so quick, my mind was blank.
    “We’re shaken.”
    Two female staff members were ordered to lay on the ground, and shuffled under tables to shield themselves in case the man opened fire.
    There was no time to press the alarm, Chris said.
    He said the three men appeared to be aged 18 to 25 and had dark skin.
    While the gunman ordered Chris to open a safe, two other men were smashing glass cabinets and pulling gold rings from their displays.
    “I think they knew what they wanted — they went for the good stuff,” Chris said.
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...y/news-story/f40f08f96934376ab2d63f272da72694

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.