LYC 1.35% $5.83 lynas rare earths limited

1.01 48VMH, page-2

1. 6,218 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1017
    Both these linked articles have made the rounds before; I've posted them myself here or on some related blog. Both are excellent reviews of EV architectures, but NEITHER IN ANY WAY supports your contention that 48VMH development is a boon for Lynas. At least try to stick to defending the point you're trying so desperately to make.

The first article offers nothing.
    The second article contains a lengthy list of targets for electrification (hence potential Nd-Pr targets) which is worth noting.
    "Depending on the vehicle application, these components can be electrified and plugged in the 48V network:
    • engine oil pump
    • engine vacuum pump
    • transmission oil pump
    • engine water pump
    • A/C compressor
    • intake air compressor
    • engine coolant heaters"
    However, what you are forgetting is the fact that a number of these are also required in a BEV, even more of them on a PHEV. Really only two and a half of these items are on a mild hybrid but not on a BEV: the engine oil pump, engine coolant pump and the mild hybrid transmission oil pump (which will be much bigger than the gearbox coolant pump on an EV).

So your mild hybrids delete the 2-4 large PM traction motors required by a BEV and only add a small integrated starter motor and two and half little pumps that might be PM-free. Pump that for all it's worth; it still looks like a net loss to me.

Add the complexity of a hybrid with gas station trips and oil changes and suddenly your crazy chimera isn't so attractive. Have you ever even driven an EV, I have to ask?

Still don't understand why someone with your obvious intelligence would buy into Lynas if Mild Hybrids were the future you envision. Yet here you are. smh.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.83
Change
-0.080(1.35%)
Mkt cap ! $5.449B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.89 $6.04 $5.83 $18.89M 3.204M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 17984 $5.83

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.87 3952 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.