MTE 0.00% 3.0¢ metrocoal limited

Hey guys,Yep the Southern Missing Link will almost certainly be...

1. 754 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 23
    Hey guys,

Yep the Southern Missing Link will almost certainly be going ahead connecting Wandoan to Banana, and with the additional WICET 2 port capacity in Gladstone MTE will be able to keep the trains nice and full.

Running coal back through to Port of Brisbane isn't really an option as the current network is at capacity due to surburban noise restraints and sharing the network with passenger trains.

Bit of a derail but while I've always believed the optimum number of properties to own is 1; I am considering investing in property in Gladstone, for a town of 50,000 putting on another 4000+ direct jobs delivering the Curtis Island LNG development, along with indirect jobs growth, 3 bedroom houses are easily had for under 400k.

I am bullish for Thermal coal over the next 50 years, while China will probably focus more on Nuclear power, you have India's national strategy of using coal to deliver on their massive energy needs, emerging countries that really only have coal as an option to deliver a growing base load requirement, and 1.6 billion people who still don't have electricity. Finally let's not forget the massive demand placed on power grids in developed countries where electric cars are beginning to appear.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MTE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.