TSN 0.00% 1.0¢ the sustainable nutrition group ltd

EMMJAY "So the strategy is simple. Talk to every major oncology...

1. 41 Posts.
    EMMJAY "So the strategy is simple. Talk to every major oncology player and validate that they want it.
    Have they done this? have we been told they've done this?"

From my brief time in the biotech industry I'd say that this is may not be a realistic expectation both in a practical sense (given that BD managers are constantly talking to each other) and in terms how big biotech and big pharma work (there are hundreds if not thousands of research programs out there, including many platform technologies). Once you have proof of concept (successful use of the technology in a statisically significant human population for the relevant medical indication), then you have something to talk about.

DiamondJoe "The phase 2 results were outstanding, but nobody took it up"

Which Phase 2 results? To the extent you are referring to the SCLC trial, then I'm not suprised at the lack of response. A nice story (and perhaps useful in terms of general sentiment) but very little evidentiary value.

Either way, Phase 2 trials generally tell you that there is enough in the drug to pursue in a larger population (ie you want to seem some evidence of efficacy) but there are plenty of drugs whose apparent efficacy is either not as apparent or outweighed by negative side-effects once in a Phase 3.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TSN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.