GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

1.50 next week, page-29

1. 820 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 327
    The EV revolution is more like an EV evolution.

Consider this - who had a smart phone in 1999? Who was even thinking of owning a smart phone in 1999?

The first smart phone was a Nokia released in 1996. The first one *called* a smart phone was an Ericsson released in 1999. They were extremely expensive and were a tiny, tiny part of what was then a relatively small mobile phone market.

Eight years later the first iPhone came out and the market went crazy. By 2015, how many people in the industrialised world owned a mobile phone that was NOT a smart phone?

EV market penetration is at the tip of the iceberg stage everywhere outside of Norway.

Nissan and VW etc are pouring billions into ESTABLISHING their EV manufacturing... what will it be like when they're up and running in earnest?

As I noted earlier, for all cars in the UK to be electric in keeping with the government's own schedule, it would take 75% of the world's current lithium production. For one country. (And double the cobalt!)

Scientists warned: "the “global supply of raw materials must drastically change to accommodate not just the UK’s transformation to a low carbon economy, but the whole world’s.”

Let's be conservative and say only *half* of the cars in the UK will be electric by 2040. That would require 37.5% of the world's current total lithium production. For one country. Now compare the UK's population to Germany's. Now compare it to Japan's. Now compare it to China's.

You see where I'm going with this?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.