$1.6m handed to daycare - but no kids

1. 6,113 Posts.
    Screen Shot 2016-10-05 at 7.43.20 am.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-05 at 7.44.11 am.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-05 at 7.44.43 am.png
    Mr Aguer ran his business for 10 months before he received his first compliance notice in February last year. The business was eventually suspended in September and, after the ACT civil hearing, Mr Aguer’s accreditation was cancelled by the territory government over failure to have correct information displayed and the lack of contractual evidence of educators being employed.
    Mr Aguer told The Australian yesterday he would fight the cancellation, though he conceded he did not have the correct number of co-ordinators with signed contracts. “I’m still demanding for my licence to be issued back again,” he said at his home. “They (the money) come through me and I pay them to the carers, who were looking after the kids. There was not any case against children — abuse — or anything raised against me.”
    Mr Aguer plans to reopen.
    The tribunal found that, after 14 months in operation, they heard from only one of the 21 educators who Mr Aguer claimed worked for him and she did not have an employment contract.
    Any effort to recover the $1.6m is the responsibility of the federal government. The Australian is not aware of any proceedings.
    http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...s/news-story/e27c12b6405fa9a085ae530e9a75ad21
    Australia the lucky country...for refugees.
    Australia services...controlled by idiots!!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.