RDF 0.00% 95.8¢ redflex holdings limited

re: your comments - hot rod for stoss Nestor has two legal...

1. 688 Posts.
    re: your comments - hot rod for stoss Nestor has two legal actions going, one against Transol and one against Redflex. They've a history of patent lawsuits, spectacularly unsuccessful usually.

However the action against Transol appears to have legs, my understanding is that the Transol action is centered around the definition of video. Transol has chosen not to defend the actiion instead they are counter suing that the Nestor patent is invalid. This course of action is virtually an admission by Transol that they are in breach, high risk stakes for both companies and a very expensive course for Transol to take.

I hear the action against Redflex is all over bar the shouting, it was a very weak case against the Redflex use of a supplementary video clip (Nestor is all video) but as Redflex uses its digital stills as primary evidence to record and prosecute infringements the case was very weak to start with. I believe it was more a desperate marketing ploy by Nestor, they're losing badly to Redflex, the Poltech suit against Redflex quite a while back was in a similar vein.
    My guess is that the action will be quietly dropped shortly, probably with both sides to pay their own legal costs although I would like to see Nestor have to pay all costs. not big $ involved.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RDF (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.