LYC 2.70% $6.12 lynas rare earths limited

$1 billion market cap - no profit in sight..., page-41

1. 1,921 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    How very true Toma but how very unfortunate for those who followed the protocol and paid up front, only to never see their money again. A man is as good as his word and likewise the same goes with governments. While the thought of a super-trawler harvesting our fish stocks worried me, the fact that government department allowed it to get so far and then withdraw the licence is criminally negligent IMHO.

So what will one think the next time the government of Australia encourages investment in our fishing industry or investment in some aspect of aqua-culture? Not only investment in those but in any investment wherein it could be subject to hysteria, either from those in the industry or the greens!

Would one even contemplate anything to do with timber in Tasmania? What about hydro-electricity? I am neither for or against in what I am asking….it doesn’t really matter, but what does is the blanket effect of such decision making by respective governments “WHO CHANGE THE GOAL POSTS.”

Hence Malaysian politics and the Lynas debacle. There is more at play than meets the eye and nobody in Malaysia wants to be the one who says “It’s a goer”. Nobody has the balls to stand up and be counted except our only one saving grace the Royal Family who see all the deliberation for what it is……to drive it into bankruptcy. That way it was Lynas’s fault and not the fault of the government……it just didn’t have the funds to go the distance, will be their excuse.

I doubt that we will have any clear decision on the 8th except a “passing of the buck” and SMSL will be laughing all the way as the SP plummets again and our finances take another big hit.

Unfortunately I am heavily invested in LYC, down substantially and a long termer but unless you can convince me otherwise I see no good decision coming from the mouth of this judge. The whole stage is politicized and there is not one person who is unbiased, save the Royal Family who obviously have Malaysia close to their hearts.

The damming effect of this situation will send the same message that others have received here in Australia when we have had decisions upturned by those who would protect their position at every others expense. The Lynas debacle is no different and has cost the Malaysian people dearly IMHO. It is becoming an international spectacle of where not to do business and I would be surprised if Siemens ever sets up it plant next door to Lynas (should Lynas manage to survive).

I am not bagging Lynas as I think it’s a great company and I praise the management for its achievements but it has become an embarrassment for the Malaysian government as the super-trawler was and still is for the Australian government.

However in Lynas’s case it just can’t turn around and sail away never to be seen again....it will have the stench of rotten fish for years to come!

Oil

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.