KDR 0.00% $1.90 kidman resources limited

$1 club, page-224

1. 2,196 Posts.
    Risk. Gee its a very influential word synonomous with this end of town.

Small, micro caps revolve around the feelings associated with this word.

There are certain times were risk taking can be more beneficial than others, like NOW, imo.Most would not touch stocks after 150-200% gains as the previous years have taught us something?

The interest in the small stocks often baffles those in the share game due to the high risks, but imo, when you weigh up against the negatives you would have to be blind Freddy not to delve into these with some small percentage.

Weigh up 5-10x your money verses, at worst, -1x. Would not borrow or margin these, even if your bank was silly enough to allow it, but small investments can produce massive gains. Even in worst scenarios of -50% etc in one day can be blown away by gains. Impossible to go -140% in one day!

KDR, imo has something to work with at the RIGHT TIME. If it truly is worth a lot then timing will be irrelevant, but right now, it needs favourable conditions.

Its funny how over time those that warn you of risks are those queuing up for pension payments.All those immigrants in the 50's who were told by many not to buy businesses. All those who told you not to invest in property in the early 00's(for me in Perth anyway).Those who said forget about SDL after the tragic crash etc etc.Knowing what COULD happen can possibly cloud your judgement.

I thought giving this a chance during a substantial first day rise, although being against what I would normally do, appropriate, given the circumstances many have already highlighted.

Tight stop-losses will not work on these, imo. Be loose and prepared to take a loss and you will get a good one soon enough, imo. The market HAS to be favourable and a few 20% losses can be erased in a couple of hours, imo.

It's a form of punting with a fundamental edge. Not knowing the underlying basic fundamentals or trading history is not weighing the risk in your favour. Even on this stock its plenty available on the threads, well done all debating the prospects.Sometimes knowing too much is your own worst enemy too. It lessens your risk appetite because you are too aware of the pitfalls.I have sat there baffled many times on shares I know too well as they rise and rise!

I really have no idea how this will go at this stage but I am prepared to take the risk after weighing up the positives and negatives.Sometimes the unknown can work to the advantage of those with the $$$.It is easier to create hype on possibilities, imo. There are times when you probably shouldn't fight it. I will not go broke if it collapses but it may make a big difference if it succeeds. That is the attraction to these where you can outlay small to reap big. Over speculate and it will influence your risk appetite, imo.

Anyway each to their own and good luck all on their decisions on this one.

We all know the chances of the next big thing are not great but there is still a hell of a lot of money to be made in the meantime. I can guess that those who held shares like FMG, SIR, SLR, SFR, from the beginning are those that least understand risk or invest to a point where it isn't a real factor. To think I got real opportunities and tips to invest in Jubillee, Lionore, Silverlake and many others, at ridiculous prices, when $5k was a lot to me, wasn't fair!

The opputunities in mining finds will decrease over time and may turn to fields like BIO etc but hopefully I can someday have a story of an investing windfall, one to tell the grand kids! If not I still have not lost anything than just a few $$$ and gained a wealth of experience.

Could KDR be the next? I will let you know in a years time-lol!

Good luck guys, but above all, have fun.If you're not then you have too much invested or not enough risk appetite, imo

Bring on another story tommorrow!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.