OVT 0.00% 0.4¢ ovanti limited

$1 Club, page-21892

1. 3,567 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3416
    it’s as the buff man (Warren Buffett) says:

”the stock market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient.” And;

”be fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful.”

both of these quotes couldn’t be more true.

My lithium holding/buying/accumulating was an example of the first quote. For 3 years the lithium sector was on the nose, quality stocks were dirt cheap...all you had to do was take a position/add to your position and wait for the next bull run. For lithium that bull run came this year, and as per my previous post, there were many bags to be had, all thanks to patience.

An example of “being greedy when others are fearful”, was buying last year during the covid sell off.

Here is a post of mine from March 2020 when the covid panic was at its worst and markets were getting smashed:

https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/good-old-15-000.5257330/page-105?post_id=43410576

In this post I am basically saying that instead of viewing the (then) current market as a crisis and fearing losing money, we can view it as an opportunity to buy sound stocks and make money. And that’s exactly what I did. I bought:

• Afterpay at $13
    • APE at $3
    • CXO at 1.4c
    • CCP at $9
    • NAB at $15
    • Westpac at $15
    • ANZ at $16
    • URW at $3
    • CTD at $8.50
    • Webjet at $3
    • Flight Centre at $10
    • GAL at 14.5c
    • BSX at 10c

Now I have sold most of these positions (some way too early, some the timing was ok), but these stocks collectively would be worth 37 bags today.

So just by following the atop two simple rules, good money can be made playing this game.

Which brings me to IOU.

IOU has strong fundamentals, a profitable company, a company in the process of rolling out its company-making product/service, huge expansion goals looking to expand into two other territories this year, and has $50mil in the bank.

Now, in a bull market, the above developments would send the SP soaring!

But unfortunately tech stocks are coming off the boil, and broker data shows that the big players are selling in order to lessen their tech exposure. But remember: it’s these same big players who were the ones buying this and sending IOU from 16c to 85c during the last tech bull run. And it will be these same big players who will commence sending IOU soaring during the next tech bull run (and there will be a next tech bull run because, as we know, markets perform in cycles).

When will this next bull run be? I don’t know...but I do know that IOU will go even further the next time because they will be a much more progressed company.

So right now all I have to do is be patient, watch the company’s fundamentals and growth pan out, and simply hold. Or better yet, take advantage of the current sector sell off and accumulate, thus maximising my chances of capitalising and profiting during the next tech bull run.

Thats my plan anyway. Following those two rules has worked well for me so far

IMO

GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OVT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.