OVT 0.00% 0.4¢ ovanti limited

$1 Club, page-22218

1. 5,059 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5102
    Hi @PeeRod

Well I'm delighted you disagree with me, and I hope I'm wrong!

Just presenting my opinion, and I'm certainly not negative on IOU - quite the opposite. I tend to focus on what the business is doing not the SP as the latter is almost impossible to pick. However if I look back at the raft of great announcements we've had in the past, the SP has tended to bounce a bit on the news, before tracing back down again. In my view this is likely retail buying on the way up, as well as day traders (this tends to be backed up by the broker data for those days). The reason it tracks back down is because the announcements all show good business progress, but none of them have actual revenue generating activities... yet. For example, all the partnership announcements have been about access to merchants, rather than naming XYZ large merchant that has signed on (MYP1 was perhaps the exception here).

If, as some people suggest, the share price is going to shoot upwards upon announcement of the launch on 15 June (or before), then it would make zero sense for there to be any selling whatsoever now we have a firm date... yet that is what has happened in the last few days.

However you and @DougHughes make good points, when BNPL is not getting beaten down there is a lot of hype around it, so let's hope I'm wrong - or better yet, let's hope any 'launch' announcement to the ASX contains some material revenue-generating information as well, i.e. a named bank partnership, a couple of 'headline' merchants signed up, etc.

Cheers
    Last edited by mondyinvest: 08/06/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OVT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.090M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.4¢ $280 70K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 4006168 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 6268833 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.06am 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OVT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.