IOT 0.00% 0.1¢ iot group limited

1 Day to go before Launch, page-13

1. 1,175 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    New consumer electronics are always exciting, right? I love this sort of stuff - build and fly quads myself and am very interested in the bleeding edge.

I'll keep my criticisms briefish since some of the overenthusiastic holders here prefer to attack than discuss.

Firstly it's still very speculative - we have no idea if the thing works as intended (granted it likely does but does it meet our expectations).

Secondly indicative orders mean piss all. They're what the company forecasts - correct me if I'm wrong (which can be very off since they hadn't launched the product when they were made). Retailers may be buying them up but in the end what's going to ensure that the product continues to be successful is that people buy them. Look at the OK watch for an example of how a retailer stocking them means not too much.

We discovered a while back through someone's order that there were very few actual orders placed on the online store (as shopify doesn't let you modify order numbers). Of course that's going to change as time moves on.

There are also a crapload of competitors coming out with products from China that are like the Roam E. I know an established brand shouldn't feel the stress (like GoPro, Apple) but can't say ROAM-e is established and unless the marketing campaign is very successful (which it could be if they got some Youtubers on side) this isn't going to happen quickly.

So yeah IMO OK watches were a flop and can't see them gaining too much traction even with their new products, ROAM e could be one but I've got a slither of hope - just cause the concept is cool and OTT is new but very interesting.

Don't think the company warrants its market cap yet even as a speculator but I'm still keen to watch cause Australian innovation is pretty cool (and is where Australia needs to be transitioning to)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IOT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.