LYC 0.33% $6.07 lynas rare earths limited

Good post - Technically I can't add anymore than I already have,...

1. 4,709 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Good post - Technically I can't add anymore than I already have, for anyone that has followed my posts this should be no suprise. So I'll take a rare step over to FA and mention both mine and a some insto concerns on LYC.

In order of importance

1: Regional growth of the industry. China dominates however who can compete? Malaysia and Indonesia both have fear of China. America have put their hand up at the government level that they intend to become a force, parts of Europe also. In time this will be a far more competitive industry, of that there is no doubt.

2: LYC have the jump on the competion however with all the delays the gap they were expected to have is being continually reduced.

3: China - of all the conspiracy theories running around the China effect is the only likely one. China has a highly competitive industry, they can hurt a competitor in a country such as Malaysia far more than many other region, namely the states or Euro.

4: Public protests. As I've mentioned earlier, they're a passionate people, they are unlikely to just give up.

I think it's a given that LYC will commence operations at some point, I think it's also a given that when they do commence, it will be under a close microscope. I hope holders are happy in the end, but I suspect that some of the long term vision has been a bit too narrow.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.07
Change
0.020(0.33%)
Mkt cap ! $5.673B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.08 $6.09 $6.02 $35.62M 5.828M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 298927 $6.06

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.07 30108 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.