1 in 3 Under the Pump !, page-110

1. 550 Posts.
    Not from what we know. The agent told my dad that the doc is alright with an offer of $485 but his wife wanted $490 - the same price they rejected at an auction a year ago.

The block was bought by them some years back. They put in a brick veneer granny flat at the back about 5 years before we bought it. Rent out the front timber clad for $350 a week. I guess their plan was to build on it but then around the GFC or so they listed for $550, no buyer so the auction for $490. They rejected that but changed their mind a week later, call that bidder back but the guy had already bought another property.

When my dad put in the offer for my brother, it was a weekend before they plan to relist for an auction at the end of the month. So I guess we got lucky.

---------

It'd be pretty tough for a tradie to buy any sort of detached property now. Can't really buy an apartment because you'd need space for the van/ute, the tools and that flashy car for the weekends. Seriously, was over my parents' rental patching the colorbond roof and one of their tenant has a van for his home renovation trade and a brand spanking new BMW parked outside. Can't judge the guy as I guess when you work hard, have enough savings for a car but not for a house, ever it seem... might as well enough life a little.

I guess that one night stand was you getting lucky twice in a day.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.