1 in 3 Under the Pump !, page-211

1. 6,351 Posts.
    Even in WA, I know a property bought 30 years ago for $160 K would be worth $3 to $3.5 Million now, that is 20 x. I was looking a week or so ago at a career salary in an area I worked in years ago. Back then, the salary was around $25K.... now only about $80K, just over 3 x increase. Admittedly, 30 years ago, interest rates were around 15% rising to almost 20% a few years later..... but within 5 years, interest rates fell back to about 12% from memory.

Will be interesting as "quantitative easing" gives way to "quantitative tightening". With increases in interest rates in the US, the same will occur here. Interest rates for home loans, what will they be in a few years?

As the baby boomers go to retire, downsize their MacMansions, who will buy them? I suppose some of the boomers here will applaud the open slather for foreign investment, but kids today with part-time employment, very average full-time salaries, how will they afford to buy homes?..... unless they come back a fair way.... in my mind, that is inevitable, especially if China runs into trouble and capital outflows from China reduce considerably... as to be expected?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.