I know. And I didn't even mention the Liar's loan that I am sure...

1. 550 Posts.
    I know. And I didn't even mention the Liar's loan that I am sure does not at all happen in Australia.

What I was trying to say above is that current property prices in suburbs where the vast majority of its people earn around $40K to $50K a year is unsustainable.

So you can say that well, that's life, they ought to move further out among the bushes if they want a house. Let those who work hard, don't drink coffee or smashed avocadoes or take holidays buy, invest. And if those poor are desperate enough, they can become renters.

Fair enough.

Now you got to ask yourself, as a property investor in such places... the current price is pretty high. The rent aren't meeting the repayment by a long mile... Will there be enough rich people around such areas by the time you're ready to sell and realise that capital gains.

That is, at the current $800 to $1M price tag, can an average investor in those area offload their property for, say $1.5 to $2M? That's the kind of gain an investor would need to suffer all the hard work and sacrifices from the negative rental yield, right?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.