FAR 1.01% 50.0¢ far limited

1 June 2018, page-9

1. 5,724 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1117
    Sorry, always best to get the definition from the ATO. Mine came from my perspective of the tax bracket I would fall into if I sold my holding I.e. Down from 50% to 25. As I stated in one of my previous posts "everybody's circumstances are different". Sorry for the confusion. Below is an extract from the Ato.

• Working out your capital gain
      For most CGT events, your capital gain is the difference between your capital proceeds and the cost base of your CGT asset. (The cost base of a CGT asset is largely what you paid for it, together with some other costs associated with acquiring, holding and disposing of it.)

There are three methods for working out your capital gain. You can choose the method that gives you the best result – that is, the smallest capital gain.

CGT discount method
      • Eligibility: For assets held for 12 months or more before the relevant CGT event.
        • Not available to companies.
        • For foreign resident individuals, the 50% discount is removed or reduced on capital gains made after 8 May 2012.
      • Description: Allows you to reduce your capital gain by
        • 50% for resident individuals (including partners in partnerships) and trusts
        • 33.33% for complying super funds.
      • How to do it: Subtract the cost base from the capital proceeds, deduct any capital losses, then reduce by the relevant discount percentage

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
50.0¢
Change
0.005(1.01%)
Mkt cap ! $46.20M
Open High Low Value Volume
50.0¢ 50.5¢ 49.5¢ $12.74K 25.29K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 89162 49.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
50.0¢ 2297 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.