CDD 7.28% 35.0¢ cardno limited

Hope you're hanging in there blackcap. The EPS will in time...

1. 2,251 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 54
    Hope you're hanging in there blackcap. The EPS will in time recover.
    I was just looking at Jacobs profit margins, this is a much larger US business involved more in the construction side which is lower margin I think than professional services. Right now consultancies are being squeezed hard but there have always been times like this.
    Their takeover of SKM at the height of the resources boom highlights the value in CDD if these things get stupid again.
    In 2015 NPAT was 2.3% of sales, so if we assume CDD can achieve this and revenue plateaus I think a low end profit estimate is 27m per annum.
    Jacobs makes 7% return on equity which would be 49m in the CDD case - I think this is more likely and doesn't require anyhing from management but a focus on costs.
    I don't mean next year here I mean on average, a long term owner should not value the business in cyclical low or high earnings.
    Whether you think CDD is selling on a normalised PE of 5 or 10, it's still good value with a large margin of safety for getting things wrong.
    Could take many years but $3-4 per share for the patient value investors seems likely.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
35.0¢
Change
-0.028(7.28%)
Mkt cap ! $13.67M
Open High Low Value Volume
38.0¢ 38.0¢ 35.0¢ $15.71K 43.57K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4999 35.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
38.0¢ 13330 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CDD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.