1PG 0.00% 16.5¢ 1-page limited

1 Page - some questions

1. 258 Posts.
    Hi all

First post and all that. So if in wrong place let me know, be nice, etc.

1 Page is clearly an incredibly interesting story with an equally interesting group of promoters. Anyone in it has made a ton of money and good on you all. I am inclined also to make a ton of money and fully intend to ride this one to the moon and back. However...

1 - Can someone tell me why the branch out deal makes sense? The branch out story is well known. Some would argue its kind of like the 1-page story now (social recruiting, disruptive play, gazillion profiles etc) and it raised $49m.. Then collapsed. Because amassing a bunch of profiles is not the same as giving job seekers and recruiters success. And now that linked in and face book have throttled off the profile aggregators they are NOT (and this is absolutely definitive) providing access to branch out anymore. So, why does this work for 1-page when it didn't work for branch out? Not peddling a barrow here, just want to know why I dont get it. Someone of course does - do tell.
    http://techcrunch.com/2013/08/07/branchout-pivots-workplace-chat/

2 - Can someone tell me that the 1-page approach to recruiting results in better placements at lower costs? i.e. does this thing actually work? I get the theory and love the graphics, but do volume recruiters at Amazon and others that have been included in news flow report that this actually reduces their costs and delivers better candidates? Really want to know if there is any fact to this. Yes - I get the whole passive vs active thing and everyone tells their uncle eric about a great new job, but does Amazon or the other buyers of this actually report that it works?

3 - And on that point can someone tell me what the amazon's and others actually pay to use this? Because here's the thing. Most all people in recruitment have heard now of the inter webs, are being pitched endlessly by Linkedin and others and no one's doing this harder than the large volume recruitment intermediaries. A new workflow is emerging and I dont understand a) how 1-page fits into this and b) how it will be paid for? Again can someone let me know if there is fact on this?
    http://brandemixblog.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/are-you-truly-socializing-your-talent.html

4 - And finally - does anyone know of anyone anywhere who's got a job using 1-page? I'd love to understand what they did and how the process went.

Thanks all - look forward to your thoughts

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 1PG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.