ESR 0.00% 1.4¢ estrella resources limited

Holding back any announcement until the assay results were...

1. 566 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 138
    Holding back any announcement until the assay results were received is normal practice. Mark Bennett (Sirius) explained to me once the hike back to the vehicle from the rig, then the long drive to Perth with the core and the emergency assays at the lab after Creasy had first zapped them with his Niton. The announcement came once the thing was confirmed by analysis.

I don't have any view on whether this is in the money until the assays are released. I've drilled a number of conductor plates for nickel that have returned massive sulphide with low Ni values or have hit the dreaded carbonaceous shale or a conductive contact. The problem with a pXRF is that it analyses 1cc of material and is hardly quantitative of the whole core (or even half core). You can hit a crystal of pentlandite in a sea of pyrrhotite and unless you do many many readings, you really don't know what's in there. Then there's the limitations of various elements. That said, I don't leave home without a Niton.

At the sort of depths indicated, for layered intrusive contact-style mineralisation, you'd want consistent intersections at a stopable width (say >1.5m) at a grade exceeding 2.5% Ni, plus copper.

This is undoubtedly the right address and the geology looks promising. If the nickel turns out to be >3% over coherent intersections, then it may be of real value.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.