APX 6.45% 49.5¢ appen limited

Having lost the dollar equivalent of a decent new car on my one...

1. 315 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    Having lost the dollar equivalent of a decent new car on my one year investment in Eden I am starting to wonder where I went wrong. A new Chairman brings in a star CEO to turn things around. He in turn is empowered to appoint a whole new management team to deliver his strategy. The problem is that despite huge incentive packages two of the key appointments joined, took a good look, and walked away. Perfect hindsight says that this was the point to sell. The CEO has talked a good game, but as has been said before, after May it all came crashing down. Appen has continual disclosure obligations so that if things were any better, or any more dire, we should have heard something. There is no new CFO, so I am hoping, but not expecting, that the trading update next month will announce an appointment along with guidance that trading is starting to improve. Regrettably the history with Eden does not suggest that no news is good news. Anyone who has seen the decline of MFG will note that huge incentive packages do not always deliver results. When a company is in decline the best people leave and the overpaid stay. I am wholly disappointed. Never too old to learn.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.