BHP 1.09% $42.68 bhp group limited

1 trillion dollar mine

1. 47,117 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    I just watched SA Premier Mike Rann present to the Canberra Press Club. Incredibly bullish re his state & mining - listed numerous strategies his govt has applied & intends to apply to address any issues genuine miners may face [removal of red tape to power suppy, water etc].

Rann flaberghasted all those present - emphasised that independent assessments see Olympic Dam as the world's first $1t mine & around for the next 150 years => not a bubble!

Rann went on to emphasise that South Aust was open for business & both state & fed govts strongly committed to partnering with miners - citing the death of the ALP's 'No More Uranium Mines' policy as a watershed.

Re investment by China - this one is now fully exposed & govt endorsed. All the planets are aligning for investement by China in Oz & probably not just in BHP. I just hope our incredibly dumb & short-sighted instos don't let BHP [and other miners] go cheaply & that we don't perform back door fire sales etc.

IMHO Chinese investors currently limited to equities at PEs of ~40 will leap at the opportunity to invest in the company with the world's most valuable mine assets & an insultingly low PE!

4YIO - NFA

Lapdog

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$42.68
Change
-0.470(1.09%)
Mkt cap ! $216.4B
Open High Low Value Volume
$42.71 $43.20 $42.68 $463.8M 10.82M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 13572 $42.68

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$42.70 457 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BHP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.