BHP 0.90% $43.56 bhp group limited

"Rann flaberghasted all those present - emphasised that...

1. 262 Posts.
    "Rann flaberghasted all those present - emphasised that independent assessments see Olympic Dam as the world's first $1t mine & around for the next 150 years => not a bubble!"

Thanks Lapdog for the post. I was meaning to follow the advise of Vladimpaler and just put bhp in the bottom drawer and sip mojitos by the pool, but seeing the palpable excitement is too irresistable.

Here we are worrying/enjoying the day-to-day sp motion of the big fella. But the big fella is gonna last 150 years. Lets put things in perspective. China has 5000 years of continous civilization; of the past 2000 years, it was easily the richest nation on earth bar the last 200 years. And now it wants to reclaim the top position. China thinks long term. Think Great Wall, built over the course of hundreds of years. Think the late Premier Chou En Lai, when asked his opinion on the French Revolution, said "err.. too early to say". Today China is building its modern day great wall - cities from wall to coast. It might take 20 years or 100 years. We bhp shareholders are the luckiest in this lucky country. China needs the stones that bhp produces to build its modern wall. Don't ever let your grandchildren say : but why did you sell bhp so cheaply. Hang on to your shares. If instos want to sell, then buy- sell the other stuff that might not be here in 100 years.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$43.56
Change
0.390(0.90%)
Mkt cap ! $220.9B
Open High Low Value Volume
$43.64 $43.73 $43.26 $211.2M 4.849M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 11133 $43.55

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$43.57 5435 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BHP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.