FMG 0.86% $18.44 fortescue ltd

1 week, page-2

1. 7,247 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    sure there has been a lot of luck along the way to get started

T, I agree with all the sentiments in your post, and don't wish to be argumentative. However one of the main reasons I stuck with FMG in the beginning is that I was so impressed wiith the way in which AF dealt with the problems that kept coming up. Far from luck, AF was nothing less than persecuted unmercifully by the very sarcastic press, and by many negative brokers. I recognised that he was different and extremely determined to get the project off the ground. To be honest, I can't think of any event in the first five years that could be called luck. Obstacles, persecution, and sarcasm was the order of the day. During the first five years or so, virtually all press articles started with; "failed entrepreneur Andrew Forrest". That was his title. Then a reference to Anaconda would creep in to the articles.

That now explains the behaviour of many brokers, funds and the press today. There is much sour grapes from most of the brokers and press who simply missed out by being too smart by half. They have egg all over their faces and don't like it.
    Most if not all of those who were major shareholders early on, subsequently sold out for massive profits. It would be hard to find anyone who has not made money from an early investment and faith in FMG.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$18.44
Change
-0.160(0.86%)
Mkt cap ! $56.77B
Open High Low Value Volume
$18.38 $18.54 $18.33 $196.7M 10.67M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 1832 $18.42

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$18.45 1100 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.