SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Mel, I think levers will be pulled back and forth like Clapham...

1. 4,679 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    Mel, I think levers will be pulled back and forth like Clapham Junction on a busy Monday morning.

I think you get it very well but for those who might want to question my figures.

My figures are not intended to be an attempt at precision, I'm 100% certain the future will not pan out even close to what I have scribbled down. What I'm attempting to portray is, assuming the business is not dead, then debt is easily manageable without shareholder destroying financial engineering, even considering a low case scenario (as my figures are).

Instinct tells me we will have a best case scenario but I'm not putting figures to that possibility. What do I mean by 'best case scenario'? The business has stabilised, efficiencies taking effect and improving, NIHL will deliver the $300m cash, and the nice big bow wrapped around the box is a future new line of business we don't know of yet.

I'm confident the network and relationships built up through SGS line of business will lend themselves to more lucrative non-lawyer but complementary business consistent with its core root as a law firm. Intermediary services between insurers and consumers can and does involve more than suing people. SGS can position itself to provide value-add for insurers and other business wishing to reduce its costs as it can add value for consumers looking for help navigating a complicated commerce environment.

Doc (enjoying Earl Grey and cucumber sandwiches with Lord Howard and Sir Adrian Monatgue)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.