If there is a tech stock worthy of this thread, I vote SYT. I...

1. 3,529 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 249
    If there is a tech stock worthy of this thread, I vote SYT. I have owned and traded it for over a year, and am still heavily invested. I also feel very comfortable with my investment. Needless to say I have done my own DD, as have quite a few other devotees found on it's proper thread.

I only have a few minutes presently, so I'll give a few paragraphs in my own words. The formal info provided by the company can be found in the normal places, so I'll leave it to you if you are further interested. But unless an investor can see where such info fits into the broader Unicorn landscape, then all the great announcements in the world may mean little in identifying a multiple-multi bagger.

But first a word about myself. I am no gun trader; only two years young. I say this as I want to show my honesty and sincerity, because on a public platform, (and elsewhere), some 'colleagues' are very quick to overly criticize, even if a question or two may suffice in bringing forth the necessary info to satisfy their concerns (and no amount of reasonable info will satisfy some). There is a difference between reasonable skepticism and  blatant antagonism, and unfortunately in he  public domain, the later is more often prevalent than not. Maybe it the anonymity of cyber world. Regardless, in declaring my experience, hopefully you can know that if I am unconvincing, it is your state of concern that is in question - if that is not too strong a way to put it -  and not any type of intentional ramping from me. I may be wrong in my hopeful predictions of where SYT is going, but I will be honestly incorrect. But please ask me anything at all, and I will provide my best, honest answer.

With that, I am very much an amateur at accounting for the technicals of a balance sheet. But I ask you, how well do you drive a car without knowing formally the means in which that car works, or how well do you know your English grammar, even if you can speak quite perfectly? I think my point is obvious, so take these questions rhetorically, and allow me to proceed in my ignorance of formal accounting practices.

Lets cut to the chase. Those who know SYT and other tech stocks on the ASX, know that there is no other company in recent history that has achieved so much in a short period of time (less than a year).They have signed multiple Tier 1 telcos; they have a dream team for management and have brought on board a board of directors of the highest calibre (real industry heavy weights); and they have made a land grab for users in certain regions that is fixing them prime for enormous revenue in the medium and long term.  

For those unaware, SYT is in certain ways, the leader of a new means of digital data provision: sponsored data. SD is becoming integral in the new approach for data, as it will enable the massive amounts of data required for the 'new talk' - content. Content is now king, as any digital wiseguy knows, including every CEO from Verizon to Alibaba. If this concept is new to you, then here is what is happening.

Video is one form of content, and it is the principle mammoth of content and hence, data consumption, and it is growing at an astronomical rate. But more importantly, it is growing quicker on mobile devices, so much so, that mobile data consumption will overtake PC rates this year. Please excuse me not providing any formal references in this brief briefing, but I will as required when asked. Content is moving beyond the means of the traditional data plan, even to the extent that they have been thrown into a severe disruption. Just look at the losing ARPU rates of all the major telcos, and unlimited data plans are one of the biggest concerns by the majors in their attempt to fix their losses. Ironically though, they don't make their profits from selling data, it is what the data is used for that attracts customers. In other words, content is the name of the game.

Have you heard, and if so, why AT&T have purchased Time Warner and why other major telcos are looking to do similiar transactions? What is a telco doing owning a movie studio? With what has been said above, the reason should be obvious. But it doesn't stop there. Verizon has bought Yahoo for its user base, on top of their exiting purchase of AOL. They are making OATH from them, a new platform that will compete with yes - Google and Facebook  - for some of the 99% of the digital marketing duopoly that they presently 'own.'  What has SYT to do with this. Lets just say for now that Verizon has a 'critical dependency' (their words) on SYT's CSP (Connected Service Platform).   

The above is the briefest outline of just one section of SYT's plan in the US, but there is a lot more in that large market not yet mentioned, and even much more in other geographies.

But now I must run along to work. I will continue later tonight (Vietnam time) and in following days and please feel free to raise any questions.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.