BIT 4.35% 2.2¢ biotron limited

$10 Billion Deal, page-13028

1. 3,645 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 549
    The last time Biotron did anything on HCV was in 2015 when the results of the 008 trial were released. That was nine years ago. Why is it that you think they will suddenly get the leaf blower out and try and find that long abandoned project in the backyard?

When you mention "HCV results", have you actually read them? Let me bring some key aspects of those results to your attention so that you may understand how disappointing that trial actually was and why its been dead in the water for almost a decade. Here are some key passages from the company announcement which might help to tell the story:

"The BIT225/IFN/RBV cohort had 88% SVR12compared to the placebo/IFN/RBV treatment group's 90% SVR12"

and

"There was a higher withdrawal rate for the BIT225/IFN/RBV HCV G3 cohort compared to the placebo/IFN/RBVcohort. There were no discontinuations in the placebo/IFN/RBV group."

and

"A total of 12 of 20 patients in the BIT225/IFN/RBV group discontinued the study."

So in summary the placebo performed better than BIT225. 60% of participants in the BIT225 group actually dropped out of the trial whilst none from the placebo group did. Is there any word for these outcomes other than "disaster"?

Personally I don't think these outcomes are indicative and there are unusual circumstances which lead to these anomalies but this is the sort of sh1te that happens when you run tiny trials like BIT likes to. Anomalies are magnified and the same was true in 009 to some extent. For the full announcement please find it on the Biotron website here:

https://www.biotron.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/ASX-Announcement-30Sept15.pdf

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.2¢
Change
-0.001(4.35%)
Mkt cap ! $19.85M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.2¢ 2.3¢ 2.1¢ $5.848K 265.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1098181 2.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.2¢ 97130 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.32pm 17/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BIT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.