BIT 2.22% 4.6¢ biotron limited

Maybe you were talking to me? Here is what it said in the...

1. 20,196 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1779
    Maybe you were talking to me?
    Here is what it said in the announcement

The drug has been evaluated in nine clinical trials involving healthy volunteers, patients with HIV-1 infection, patients co-infected with Hepatitis C virus (HCV) and HIV-1 and patients with HCV (as monotherapy and in combination with pegylated interferon-alfa and ribavirin).
    Formal pre-clinical studies have assessed safety over 24 weeks of dosing.

Recently the Company commenced two Phase 2 HIV-1 trials in Australia and Thailand to assess the impact of BIT225 on the HIV-1 reservoir and key markers of improved health outcomes.
    Biotron is now in discussions with its USA advisors and consultants to expedite progression of
    BIT225 into human trials for treatment of SARS-CoV-2 infection.
    The Company has sufficient drug product on hand after recently completing the manufacture
    of several kilograms of additional clinical grade (cGMP) drug.
    The Chair of Biotron’s Scientific Advisory Board, Professor Rob Murphy, Professor of Medicine and Biomedical Engineering, John P. Phair Professor of Infectious Diseases at Northwestern University, Chicago, said, “These very encouraging results in a SARS-CoV-2
    animal model demonstrate a robust antiviral response that justifies further study in humans.
    BIT225 is a novel antiviral drug that has been safely used in over 200 patients with other RNA
    viral diseases including HIV and hepatitis C. This is drug that should be studied as a COVID-
    19 treatment in the very near future.”

That to me says that early clinical trial were done on co-infected patients with HIV and Hep C but they way the spoke about Phase 2 trials seems to indicate to me that is for a single indication purpose (Corona Virus), a dual indication trial may prove both aspects you would think for HIV and Corona virus patients with both?

These types of trials as far as I know are normally done for one indication only as I said, as far as I know? here is a chance to do both together IMHO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.6¢
Change
0.001(2.22%)
Mkt cap ! $41.50M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.4¢ 4.7¢ 4.4¢ $31.64K 708.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 259000 4.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.6¢ 17361 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BIT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.