MCT 0.00% 0.2¢ metalicity limited

10 billion US metal in ground!!!!, page-2

1. 933 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    This article is a few months old.

http://www.copyright link/personal-...ll-about-zinc-if-supply-falls-20150601-ghe8hy

No alternative to zinc

No economic alternative has yet been found for zinc in any of these functions, which means its use is slowly increasing with world population. Matt Gauci, the managing director of PLD Corporation, told the symposium that world consumption of zinc metal had been rising by 3.7 per cent a year between 2012 and 2014 and was expected to rise to 4.5 per cent between now and 2020.

He said zinc stocks were in deficit by 2.1 per cent and about 3 million tonnes of zinc concentrate a year were needed to meet the expected demand.

Very few big zinc mines have been found anywhere on the globe in the past four decades. Instead, two mines which accounted for about 4 per cent of production – Century in Queensland and Lisheen in Ireland – are closing. Gauci said that indicated a possible gap of 5 to 10 per cent in the zinc market and corresponding upward pressure on prices.

Gauci has a vested interest in higher prices, because PLD has the big Admiral Bay zinc deposit some 150 kilometres south of Broome. PLD claims Admiral Bay is the largest undeveloped zinc deposit in Australia, with 72 million tonnes averaging 6.7 per cent zinc equivalent (it also contains lead and silver).

IMO this has always been a 2016-2017 success story.

With the amount of zinc at AB it would not surprise me if a big mining house come on board to help fund the development.

That centre shaft won't be cheap to drill however over the life of mine it would be paid for multiple times over.

Are MMG looking to partner up?
    Do they need a new zinc play?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MCT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $8.972M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.2¢ 0.2¢ 0.1¢ $14.49K 7.258M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
59 146419981 0.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.2¢ 946106 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.01pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MCT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.