Let’s put aside the Jewish punishments listed for breaking the...

1. 27,121 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3164
    Let’s put aside the Jewish punishments listed for breaking the 10 commandments. Because Jesus came along and was the Atonement sacrifice for all Sin for those who believe in him as their lord and saviour . That redemption came through believing in Jesus taking the hit for all of us who believe in his resurrection, as lord and king . John 11-25 said something like - I am the resurrection and the life , he who believes in me though he may die shall live again..- Ie repent of the past sin and steer straight in future, (not hypocritical but genuine repent) having been given a hall pass , cleansed of the sin by the lord Jesus, not stoned to death . Bible also says in my own words ,something like -if you deny Jesus , you deny the farther . No one shall enter the kingdom of heaven except through the son .(Jesus)
    Jesus also said that he has come not to replace the law, but the fulfilment of the law. He also made it ok to eat bacon if it was clean to you .

The 10 commandments are essential corner stones of all the morality we base western civilisation upon .

So I really don’t know how the Jews get along without a basket of stones , or the daily sacrifice to offer up to the priests etc , but those on team Jesus are past all of that .

the commandments remain cornerstone , and other sins listed come eternal punishment of the unrepentant sinner remain .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.