Some of the best share advice can come from Hotcopper as well as...

1. 1,192 Posts.
    Some of the best share advice can come from Hotcopper as well as some of the worst.
    There are some vey intelligent posters on this site, I do not want to name them as I will probably miss somebodies name from the list.

On the other hand some people are accused of ramping due to their own timing being out, they know what is going on and what is about to happen but they just arrive at the event a little too early.

Those that arrive at the start of an event and call a stock up or down are more than likely just plain lucky and the punters will worship them like Gods. These are the guys that will cause you losses in the future.

If you must follow the banter on HC make sure that the person you lean towards have a very good idea of the macro's in the market rather than short term lucky punts.

It is a good idea that NEW players stick to the ASX 300 and do not play the spec stocks, specs will rip your capital and you may never recover.

Spread your risk over various sectors if you are clueless about market cycles.

Those that post the most are more than likely not to know too much about the market.

Some that post like they have been possesed are sometimes telling the truth as I have found out.

Keep track of peoples calls over a 12 months period, this will sort the clued from the clueless.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.