NEN 0.00% 22.0¢ neon capital ltd

Stapleman, from my position of 80% fundamentalist, 20% chartist...

1. 2,408 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 177
    Stapleman, from my position of 80% fundamentalist, 20% chartist I'm not concerned. Reason being that as I see it the fundamental value of the company is unchanged as we still hold all the assets albeit better developed than when the sp was above 50c. Fundamental value is intact , it is market value that is taking a hiding and in my view that is largely emotionally driven at present.

When you see people slagging management its often a barometer of their frustration over long time durations to lock in value. Whether its warranted or not is irrelevant as the frustration is very real real to those expressing it and that leads to a constant sell pressure.

Buy pressure is restored when a major event is scheduled such as the drilling of Block 105 in Vietnam. The prospect of that event coming is not definite enough, rather rig contracts and drill dates are what it takes to capture the market, especially new buyers.

Contrarians will be loving it at the moment as there is "blood in the street" .

What I have seen on this thread and others is not many people practise good risk management with junior resource stocks. The cliche of buy low sell high is especially important on these types of stocks. And once you've bought, if you're a long term holder, sell high and buy low along the way in an effort to recover your outlay such that your profits ultimately buy your holding.

I had to learn this the hard way as I used to buy and hold and pay too much, but not any more as I stick to my system while constantly reviewing fundamental value while I hold.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.