GSW 0.00% 29.0¢ getswift limited

".. if this is not GSW then whatever deal they have with Amazon...

1. 694 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43

".. if this is not GSW then whatever deal they have with Amazon is worthless .."

Don't like to rain on your parade, but I'd be pretty sure the Amazon app has nothing to do with GSW.

Haven't seen it, but from what I read it's just a reporting app. Data come in from the various parts of the delivery chain, and the app provides progress info to the user. Probably most of the data being used has been collected by Amazon for a long time - they would always have needed it to answer fulfillment enquiries. They've now built an app to present the info.

GSW software is more than this. If Amazon have developed their own app plus back end software / databases etc it does not automatically mean the deal with Amazon is worthless.

The way giant companies like Amazon work is that if they see a "minnow" software house like GSW with an innovative or useful product they try and find out all they can about how it works, and will usually have a go at prototyping the useful bits in-house.

If they see what the minnow has as giving them a competitive advantage, then they usually either:
    - build the useful bits themselves, and have nothing more to do with the minnow
    - they buy the minnow outright, then do what they want
    - if the above 2 aren't feasible, they become a customer of the minnow until they can do one of the first 2 options.

Microsoft used to be the most ruthless with all this, but it's probably now Amazon.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GSW (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.