GSW 0.00% 29.0¢ getswift limited

100 bagger ?, page-639

1. 694 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    "Semantics of what defines an integration are beside the point and it is the wrong point to get hung up on"

It's a bit more than semantics. If you give me a week I could write and install something to pick up your restaurant's inbound email from GrubHub and automatically load it into an excel spreadsheet, for you to use to manage deliveries.
    Wouldn't be much use to anyone, and no-one would use it, but on your definition it's integrated with GrubHub.

"The question of how much money they have made and how much money they have spent on development is an entirely separate topic from my point."

Yes - agree. Point I was making is with this sort of company they need to do 2 things. Get on with development quickly - and make sure they're spending the development money in the right place. If the half year report shows that they haven't spent much on development (ie non-operating costs) then to me that's probably a bad sign.

"And why is it that you have serious doubts over GSW's team to exploit this space?"

I look at it from the other perspective. In this space you're going to fail unless you have very smart IT skills and very smart and aggressive management skills. I haven't met any of them (from GSW) so can only judge by what's been publicly available, and from what I've seen - yes have doubts.
    IT skills can for the most part be bought in. The more important factor is the people driving the company.
    I've seen a lot of startups in my time. The majority don't succeed - either fail or are bought out for less than the amount of capital invested.

With GSW - the software looks to me like it could be pretty good - but I don't know enough about it or have enough confidence in management to invest.

All startups are a gamble - nothing wrong if you want to have a punt on GSW.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GSW (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.