CPN 0.00% 7.7¢ caspin resources limited

Current trading is inconsistent with public expectations re ASX...

1. 524 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1328
    Current trading is inconsistent with public expectations re ASX and ChiX platforms
    G'day Spec_hope. I don't know what's going on – which is why I drew attention to the unnatural trading pattern in this lengthy recent
    Post #:66019512. However I don't for one moment think it is share support. Rather, it looks the opposite, to me. Here's my thinking.
    Forgive me if you know all the following; I don't mean to tell you how to suck eggs.

Today's trades in CPN
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5034/5034469-062f3cc5fb04bbb5a57a26fa84aeb976.jpg
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5034/5034470-4536c0e399d1ccef4d89d5c97b968566.jpg

Notice, in the "Reason" column that they're all designated "Ask", and are in red. That tells me that each trade was sold into a Bid that was already on the screen. In my experience that pattern tends to have a depressing effect (as has occurred), as the buyer(s) keeps getting hit and they wonder how much more stock will 'hit the bid'.

If by contrast someone had been bidding the stock up all day by buying from stock that was already offered on the screen, that column would have "Bid" annotations in green, next to each transaction, as the buyer(s) kept 'hitting the Offer'. Here's an example - from Chalice, today.
    Illustration from some CHN trades today
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5034/5034480-7bf17b93895107ad7eea3e4536b17c25.jpg

So what??
    So, a seller - or more than one (possibly acting together) - has taken the trouble to create numerous sales of trivial (essentially unmarketable ~$60) parcels in Caspin – by 'hitting the bids' that were on screen - but only with irritating little amounts, over 100 times in the day.

And that was done without it being apparent where the stock was coming from. Maybe it is even doing 'roundy-roundies' between different accounts; I don't know but it's not how a bona fide seller would sell stock, in my lengthy experience. Whatever its intention, clearly such trading is intentional - a series of deliberate acts.

Long story short, it surely can't be propping. IMO it creates a dampening effect on the share price. Perhaps that's it's intention – but I don't know.

Caspin's potential is tremendous - despite the current BS trading
    What I do know however is that Caspin has very exciting projects (large scale, in great sectors, with exciting early results, in Tier 1 jurisdictions) at both Yarawindah and Mount Squires.The resulting upside is also apparent with Caspin having multi-billion dollar neighbours (CHN and BHP) developing huge projects (Gonneville etc, and Nebo-Babel etc.) in immediately adjoining blocks.

Meanwhile Caspin itself has had many exciting results and still only has a MC of ~$45M with circa $7M?? cash i.e. an EV under $40M. It's just taking time to test that, as exploration almost always does (unless the team gets lucky, early). Let's also hope we can get back assay results quicker this year, as delay damages momentum. So I focus on underlying potential and try to not overfocus on the trading nonsense that we are seeing (while hoping that ASIC will one day commit a serious team to investigate the bot problem across the whole platform).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CPN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $7.258M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 8913 7.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.0¢ 36938 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CPN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.