AC8 0.00% 4.0¢ auscann group holdings ltd

As per my post yesterday on the CAN page, AC8 is much too...

1. 179 Posts.

As per my post yesterday on the CAN page, AC8 is much too paranoid of its peers and this AFR article is another great example. Given the inaccuracies he's pushing it's actually embarrassing for Washer.

The first sentence of the article states some companies don't have the plants or licences needed to take advantage of new export reforms. Given Auscann doesn't have an export licence, it is one of them!!! Note CAN announced receipt of its export licence back in September/October.

Washer also conveniently omits that AC8 hasn't received a permit from the ODC to grow anything here yet. A licence is only the first step, you then need a permit as part of your licence, and again CAN has a permit to grow here and Auscann does not.

Washer and AC8 also claim a manufacturing licence as their point of difference, but the licence is actually owned by Tas Alkaloids who would manufacture on behalf of AC8. Other companies, such as CAN, have licenced contract manufacturers in place in the same fashion.

I agree that CAN and AC8 are the pick of the bunch, but Washer needs to be bigger than this if he wants to be taken seriously. It probably explains why CAN has overtaken them on both market cap and operational progress.

Also, picking a fight with peers like this isn't necessary and only serves to isolate AC8. Eventually, there is going to be enough market/demand for multiple players.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AC8 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.