MGY 4.35% 8.8¢ malagasy minerals limited

106 metres graphite at 8.44%

1. 2,693 Posts.
    including 37metres at 11.17%. this is an outstanding result.

this comment below is the game breaker for me. this graphite can be easily converted to jumbo flake. jumbo flake is what is in most demand.

Malagasy believes it is important to note that Energizer’s evaluation included metallurgical analysis which confirmed that jumbo flake (i.e. +50 mesh) graphite at an average purity of 93% C can be easily liberated through simple crushing of the Molo graphite.

Jumbo flake is considered among the most valuable graphite due to its use in industrial applications such as batteries for electric cars and as a result attracts a premium price. “The Company is targeting a resource1 between 50 and 100 million tonnes on the Molo Deposit with a grade range of between 6 to 10% C,” Energizer said in its statement. “The resource drill program has commenced, utilizing two Boart Longyear diamond drills and is being led by Energizer’s Senior Vice President of Exploration, Craig Scherba, P. Geol. Drilling is estimated to take two months. “A key characteristic of the Molo deposit is that the graphite is immediately at surface, which will allow for very cost-effective open pit mining. In addition to having the significant surficial expression of graphite, the Molo is also located in an area with an ideal geographical setting as well as ideal terrain.” “The terrain is semi-arid and almost flat - two features that give the Molo a unique topographical signature not found in most deposits. The climate also adds to the ease of mining, as this area of Madagascar has a very temperate climate with a mild rainy season from December to March.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.