MNE 5.26% 3.6¢ metallum limited

Best I can do for your information. The copper deposits in the...

1. 4,299 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 28
    Best I can do for your information.

The copper deposits in the Algarrobo area were discovered in 1808; however, large-scale industrial mining operations by a British company did not begin until 1868. Based on the mine waste piles, it is estimated that primarily between 1868 and 1910 approximately 800,000 tons of copper ore grading better than 12% was extracted from approximately 30 mines (exploiting the three Main Veins) and directly shipped as smelting ore. The central Major Vein was the most heavily exploited, especially between the Estaca and Viuda mines where the vein and associated lenses were mined extensively over a 600-meter strike to a depth of 250 meters. Horizontal levels at depths of 180 meters and 280 meters connect the vertical main shafts of Estaca and Viuda, which are 350 meters apart. Copper ore was extracted from the oxide zone, which extends to a depth of between 110-to-120 meters and the transition oxide-sulphide zone to a depth of 160 meters. At the Viuda mine, the sulfide ore was extracted down to 450 meters. Initially transported about 40 kilometers on a wagon road, the ore quality and reserves at surface were sufficient to warrant the construction of a 21-kilometer railroad line from Algarrobo to Caldera in 1906. From Caldera, ore grading higher than 15% Cu was shipped directly to England and the remaining ore was processed at a local smelter before being shipped to England.

Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/article/swing...-property-analyst-blog-cm216378#ixzz38v4cCDzQ

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MNE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.