FRX 9.09% 2.0¢ flexiroam limited

10c is coming, page-88

1. 8,619 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 428
    I've seen this stuff go on before..........

a fund, investor, trader....doesn't matter, let's just call them 'The BOT' (algo trading).

It's the method i'm trying to get at here, not who's behind it,as that's another story

maybe gizard knows...........

goes like this

they pick a company way undervalued with a high risk of GOING UP in price.

Let's just say they have a core holding of 1,000,000 shares........

so what seems to happen is they put part, or all of those shares up for sale at a higher price, so to us they look like a blocking trade to scare other investors....

then, they set 'the BOT' to work hoovering up any offers at the current price, below the big block trade that we see....

so the bot spends all day scooping up shares at a lower price, and then if the price closes a few cents higher that day, or the day after ' 'the BOT' dumps it's load at the higher price, making a profit, then sending a message that there is a large seller still present on this stock, sending the share back, or stopping it rising, so "the BOT' can restart it's trading business all over again.

it goes on, over and over, until the price rises far enough, that 'the BOT' thinks the price is now too high that it could risk a fall, so it stops.

I've been to seminars where I have been told that algo trading is beneficial as it creates liquidity to help buyers and sellers trade shares.

But, I've been around long enough to know that no-one creates liquidity through the kindness of their heart. It's the profit they want, it's the game they play........

That's what I think is happening here, but I don't know.

Funny how the Bots have started as those orders were placed, and the broker data will often show a net little change in the net holding

dunno!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FRX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.