NWE 0.00% 5.6¢ norwest energy nl

I first bought a small $1000 parcel as a uni student back in...

1. 285 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 137
    I first bought a small $1000 parcel as a uni student back in 2011 for 5.7c. I bought as much as I could scrounge together in my first part time job (pretty much $500-$1500 parcels). I bought as high as 9.2c at one stage, when it looked like things were heating up, along with AWE. Then it it all went down hill and the NWE shares I had hoped would form my house deposit were firmly in the bottom drawer - hemorrhaging somewhere in the vicinity of minus 85-95% in the red. Thankfully, I took more of a punt a few more times over the subsequent years at below 1c to lower my buy in to under 3c. Missed out on a few of the cap raises and options - as I had drifted away from my shares in my 20's going back to study and chasing the things 20 year olds chase.

I have only 1.3 million shares, so certainly not worth a phone call from MIN. However, I will be holding regardless of pretty much any offer from MIN. It is clear to me that with the greed and dereliction of their fiduciary duty exhibited by the board of NWE, they will never know what NWE represents to a lot us smaller holders. The mind numbingly large number of options they have been able to convert recently for the sell out to MIN confirms they haven't had to choose between short term fun or the hope of a long term NWE payback. This is ON TOP OF the wage we have paid for very long time to get this this exact point of time (final drills, seismics, confirmation of resource and prep plans for production etc). This is when we needed them the most.

For me, as much as I want a payday now, I want to see NWE price reflect what is in the ground, and what people are willing to pay for it. I want to see this minnow through to production and take its place as a jewel in the Perth Basin with dividends to hopefully pay back my/our commitment to holding all these years. All I guess I can hope for is that the golden parachute that the board of directors have taken now will one day be seen as small fries - which means us little guys have resisted, and won.

I'd like to thank Tui, OldGeo, Pottermore, seahunt, andy03, alexii and anyone one else i have forgotten for the good banter over the years and the selfless education to us gas newbies. Holding NWE has been one of the best educational experiences for a share portfolio perspective!

May the oil and gas gods be in our favour..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.