NAB 0.64% $37.94 national australia bank limited

re: ? nab harami cross prev exampe It is interesting how the...

1. 873 Posts.
    re: ? nab harami cross prev exampe It is interesting how the candlestick charting method seems to assign a higher probability to a trend reversal in NAB right now when compared to other charting methods. As mentioned the candlestick method illustrates the harami cross - a mildly bullish reversal indicator.
    However, if you used a OHLC Bar Chart NAB would have exhibited an "inside day" and little more. Inside days of course are indicative of a weakness in the trend only - they are by no means a reversal indicator. Inside days show a temporary stalemate in the market, with neither side driving the action.

A much more reliable OHLC bar chart reversal indicator would be a "key reversal" which often occurs in the banks when they they have finished sharp and sustained downtrends.
    ANZ exhibited a massive "key reversal" in November 2003 after the rights issue completed.
    NAB's last decent key reversal was in September 2001 at around $24.00 which signalled the end of that particular downtrend. The candlestick equivalent of the "key reversal" is of course the "engulfing candle".

I don't think anyone would say NAB is completely out of trouble with today's bullish harami cross. However, it may be the best we get. Could be a quick, high risk trade if it opens higher tommorrow.

Having said that, I'm neither rich nor ballsy enough to go long just yet!!

Cheers,

Christian

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NAB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$37.94
Change
0.240(0.64%)
Mkt cap ! $116.9B
Open High Low Value Volume
$37.70 $38.16 $37.63 $174.8M 4.606M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 9865 $37.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$37.95 15672 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NAB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.