PDN 6.15% $13.98 paladin energy ltd

12 month price history, page-12

1. 5,800 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 96
    Stefanis - your comments appreciated.

However, PDN look to be heading for their maiden profit this quarter, and the SPOT price of uranium is not all that relevant to them. In fact, they have been buying on the spot market, both to top up any shortfalls where they happen, but also as a hedge.

No - the main reason for PDN lagging is the fact that some players in the big end of town - and I'm not talking conspiracy theory here - use PDN as a shorting vehicle. Let the price run back up for a while, then short it back down again, using those bots to walk the price down. Anyone watching a real-time course of sales can see it happening, especially now that the ASX has those trades labelled as either "B' or 'S' for Buy-initiated or Sell-initiated.

It's hapening as I type this - there is a buy bot buying at 3.63, but every time it buys, a sell bot puts through a barrage of tiny trades one cent back down at 3.62. Then, they try to push it down another cent, and so on, all day, just like the last couple of days.

I really don't think the fundamentals have much to do with it, as we have on the one hand some analysts (in Canada) re-rating PDN from $C4 up to $C6, while Deutsche Bank (who always seem to be negative on PDN) rating it a sell with a value of $2.89 or thereabouts. That is plain silly stuff - how can the same set of fundamentals come up with such widely differing valuations? And others, like CitiSB tend to fall somewhere in the middle usually.

No - I really do think it's just the fact that PDN is in the ASX200, it is liquid enough to be able to move a significant number of shares, but small enough to be able to move the share price using the bots.

And the spot price is rising anyway.... ;)

No - my opinion is obviously just my own, but it is based on what I see happening in that real time course of sales data streaming across my screens.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$13.98
Change
0.810(6.15%)
Mkt cap ! $4.179B
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.93 $14.28 $13.83 $47.88M 3.408M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2000 $13.95

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$13.98 6031 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.