I am hearing from my sources within defence that Gillard and...

1. 1,482 Posts.
    I am hearing from my sources within defence that Gillard and Swan have put the squeeze on the Chief of Army and demanded e massive cuts be made across the Reserve and Regular Army, massive downsizing and budget cuts to the likes of which has never been seen before that will cripple Army's capability as a relevant force in our region.

Massive Cuts that is currently, and will continue to cripple our Reserve Army and make it irrelevant and difficult to recover from. Massive restructures of all Army divisions and Brigades which include Special Forces elements are said to be coming.

I also have it on good authority, that the Chief of Army has warned Gillard that if her Government persist with making these demands, the damage to our Army will be immense, in that it will take 20 years or more to repair its capability. The word is that Gillard has called his bluff.

The sad thing is, the Chief of Army is not bluffing on the broad and damaging effects the cuts will have on our forces capability going into the future, in particular on personnel capability.

This Labor party is destroying our defence capability to a point where our ability to effectively defend Australia and its interests will be extremely difficult into the future.

These cuts will include forced redundancies of many current serving uniformed personnel from the Regular Army, and thousands of Army Reserve soldiers being forced to transfer to the Standby Reserve for up to 5 years, where they are not able to continue any training until they are told they can come back to active reserves, when and if the funding is available.

This finacialy incompetent Labor Government is slowly dismantling our defence force whilst destroying our economy at the same time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.