When you speak of a recruitment drive, this concept has been...

1. 1,482 Posts.

When you speak of a recruitment drive, this concept has been explained to me by my contacts, in that the problem is, the Army with its current personnel structure, does not have enough trained junior NCO's to support a massive recruitment drive or the likes of conscription where Corporals are required to train Recruits.

Due to budget constraints, I am advised the basic recruit course has been previously cut back from 12 weeks to 6 weeks. Because of this, more stress and demand is put on the junior NCO's to train up the Platoons in half the time it originally took when funding was not an issue.

Many many long days and hours of instruction for the staff to get a recruit up to some form of acceptable BASIC standard, and many days or weeks for them missing out on spending time with family etc.

I.E. not enough of available relatively senior corporals to be instructors at the Recruit Training Centre for the many Platoons that would need training and for further employment training in the specific trades that needs to be conducted after basic training.

With further budget cuts to come, this will make such a task even more impossible to achieve. More stress on the instructors and senior staff will result in possibly a massive exodus from the Army due to low morale and job dissatisfaction

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.