Hello Misty,You have a perfectly valid point - you missed my...

1. 2,158 Posts.
    Hello Misty,

You have a perfectly valid point - you missed my overall message and misconstrued it IMO. I do not have time or space to write a book here so I missed out on that essential qualification - sorry.

My point stands however. That the CORE of the economy is the productive private sector. Mike68 nailed it above. I stated the the previous post that we need a private sector just not as large. Point being we cannot afford useless programs like the 'department of climate change' for instance.

The public service has loads of essential portions and it is an honest and noble living in most cases at least when they do the job they are employed to do.

But don't let me lecture a policeman on shooting somebody coming at them with a knife (seen those emails) - or lecture a public servant on his job - and nor should people with no business experience lecture us about capacity to produce or surviving an economic crunch because we are out here in the wilderness and don't get paid unless we produce and sell and are efficient - and then neither do you!

Yes we are interdependent point taken was not part of the point I was making. The backbone of the economy has a limit much smaller than you realize - break it and we all go down. I could still sell enough to my clients in the private sector and self funded retirees if the public service disappeared altogether - but there would be no roads to drive down nor garbage picked up or many other services.

CW

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.