Hi Glug, Misty etc and on the other side Mike68,Maybe a diagram...

1. 2,158 Posts.
    Hi Glug, Misty etc and on the other side Mike68,

Maybe a diagram could get the message across however I am starting to doubt it.

How about the successful entrepreneurs leave Australia if the ALP gets back in. We close up shop, dump assets, sack staff, take capital - just go.

We leave the resources in the ground as this belongs to all. Earns nothing, nothing to fight over.

After we go the public service can still go on until the dept tops out but hey the garbage will be taken out and taxes can be levied on the public sector and they can all get their food from... whoops. Ah you can all get your metal from... oops! It is OK though the core money printing department of the ALP spendathon can still keep issuing bonds can't they.

The debt never has to be paid back we can be like Greece. Australia can just default eventuially. There are really 12.3M tax payers not 12M so Kincella is WRONG! Go figure?

Those that see source of the money is capitalism are right - the company that risks capital to drill for resources, do the feasibility, gets the seed capital - then the bank risks the loan money then people get employed if it all goes ahead. Then the governments get royalties, income taxes and company taxes. This basic model can be adapted for all businesses. They create the wealth.

Then you need some people to take the taxes and provide the services - this all hinges on the private sector. The public sector then consumes more for the businesses and it flows around the economy.

No core economy, no first tier = no public service and no products and no economy. The tax base again depends on the PAYE and business. Just my thoughts simplified over a scotch on a Sunday night - perhaps I read it tomorrow and wonder what I was doing on HC at all.

Happy fathers day to all - on either side of this debate all good wishes to you.

CW

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.