CTP 1.89% 5.2¢ central petroleum limited

6th september annThe sandstones hosting the oil shows have...

1. 1,845 Posts.

6th september ann
    The sandstones hosting the oil shows have probably low porosity and are interbedded with siltstones over the gross interval, the entire interval of 22m comprising about 50% sandstone.
    probably ??

Central Petroleum Limited (ASX:CTP) (Central), as Operator, advises that overnight, the Johnstone West-1 well (JW-1) encountered significant oil shows from the interpreted Ordovician Larapinta Group over a 22m gross interval of 1387m-1409m RKB. Up to 40% oil fluorescence was recorded in samples from an interbedded siltstone/sandstone sequence sealed by a competent silty shale unit about 70 m thick overlying the oil shows. The sandstones below this seal show 20 to 40% dull to bright green-yellow fluorescence with a blooming blue-white fluorescent cut and thick residual ring. Gas shows up to 300 parts per million of methane together with traces of heavier ethane, propane butane and pentane were also recorded over parts of the sandstones encountered.

7th sept ann
    At 1469 m the well intersected clean white-grey, very fine-grained to coarse-grained sandstone with fair to good porosity. Up to 90% bright gold oil natural fluorescence was recorded, with visible brown oil and live oil recorded flowing with drilling mud over the rigs shale shakers while drilling and circulating drilling mud. The sandstones yielded a bright white-yellow instant streaming cut and solid white/yellow residual ring fluorescence. Porous sandstone was recorded over the interval 1469 m 1475 m, at which time drilling ceased in order to cut an 18 m core. Gas was recorded at 3 units of methane with minor quantities of heavier ethane, propane and butane. There was no evidence that the oil show did not continue further. The core will aid Central in determining potential reservoir vertical extent and quality as well as stratigraphic determination.
    This new zone of interpreted Ordovician Larapinta Group underlies a mainly siltstone interval in the gross interval 1409 m 1469 m overlain by the significant shows in the interval 1387m-1409m described yesterday. The siltstone interval was comprised of mainly medium to dark grey siltstone with occasional thin interbeds of very fine grained sandstone and light grey dolomite in the upper part. The sandstones recorded in part weak fluorescence and crush cut. Oil shows ranging from poor to excellent have now been recorded with no evidence of a water leg from 1387m to 1475m, 88m thus far.

no evidence of a water leg.
    porosity uncertain but better

i see no significant change .and like all opinions its merely guesswork.

as for increasing porosity. what is the porosity as thay have only been active in the early entry to the target zone.

i do not deceive i illuminate the dark corners of those with blinkers.
    all we have is interpretations so far.that is the point i try to make.
    as you do not want people to voice other opinions that conflict with yours the ignore button may be of help.
    back in the corner for me.
    wg
    wg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.