SRT 0.00% 17.0¢ strata investment holdings plc

14th-18th, page-218

1. 5,952 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20541
    FYI, before you close this thread, I'll briefly give you my findings which I've got from the research today.

Actually I should thank to "abdm" because I have an increased confidence for MW and his SRT after this research.

Because I believed cloud service providing to enterprises is a good decent tech business, I was wondering why the agreement to acquire Cloud Lands was terminated by RSL on Feb.5 2015 by Mathew Walker! But I didn't have time to go into the details of that.

Now I know why.

Ross Smith and Greg Pennefather were the founders of Clouds Land. They had been very successful in creating a startup tech company "Request DSL" in 2000. After 3 years of operations PowerTel acquired the company for $54m in 2003.

Then they created Cloud Lands in Dec. 2013. It was a Perth outfit, cloud services provider, intended to offer premium enterprise-grade cloud services to Tier 2 enterprises. Cloud Lands also intended to use a "world leading global multibillion dollar" networking and computing hardware vendor and a "pre-eminent" global security equipment and software supplier, etc. etc.

Business model of Cloud Lands as cloud services provider and the people behind it all might seemed very attractive to MW. It was a promising tech business after all. Then RSL signed the agrement for "Option to Acquire Australian Cloud Services Provider" on Aug,1 2014.

After that, untill the agreement was cancelled ,what happened between MW and Ross Smith, I don't know.

However we can see the from the dates of the events below that MW had decided to terminate the Cloud Lands agreement after a few days later when Ross Smith became an infamous man by his posts on his Facebook pages about his other startup company Phytotech (PYL/MMJ), threatening people (was especially very keen about the trolls on Hotcopper) and having trouble with police. It was said that he was living in Israel but not in Australia anymore.  That tells me that MW had some major problems with R Smith about the Cloud Lands issues before these nasty things had been revealed, that he promptly cancelled the agreement.  

Police probe Phytotech founder Ross Smith over Facebook threats
    The Australian Feb. 05, 2015

Then, two days later on Feb. 9 2015, MW terminated the Cloud Lands agreement.

I think this is credit to MW's account here.

Ross Smith is non of our business anymore but good to know about him as he is a part of SRT's history.

Have a good weekend.

And have some fun here

image.jpg   

Ross Smith gun in mountains 5Feb.JPG

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SRT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.