LYC 0.39% $7.75 lynas rare earths limited

$15 asp, page-18

1. 1,704 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 639
    Mal, the point I was trying to make is we have no idea of the mix of materials that make up the 1970t sold. The Dec FS disclose $6.4m of FGDs and $23m of WIP. I have no idea what that $6.4m represented in terms of materials mix, could be representative of the basket, but we do not know. If you have information that clarifies this situation please post to enables all to be working from the same base. Agreed it would be unlikely LYC is holding back the most valuable NdPr and selling the low value Ce and La. All I was trying to do as offer an explanation for the abnormally low ASP. Could be discounting off spec NdPr, or selling lower value materials while NdPr is further processed to bring it up to spec? Nothing that I have read states LYC sells each batch in its entirety as it is produced.
    Given that AL has advised actual revenues collected in the June qtr will exceed outgoings of $52.2m it would seem apparent higher value materials will be sold in the next quarter to lift the ASP. The other alternative to achieve this level of collections requires sales of 3569t at ASP of$15.13/kg. I find this alternative to meet the required $$ collections highly unlikely?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.